Tonight (Sunday 25th) begins the Jewish New Year, Rosh Hashanah, biblically known as the Feast of Trumpets. For Christians, the Feast of Trumpets signifies the return of Jesus, the coming King. It was adopted during the Babylonian exile to mark the New Year, and rabbis connect it with creation and the birthing of the world.
Just as new year commences, we have entered a New Era, with not only a new Prime Minister but a new Monarch. Let us tune into the Lord’s heart and plan for this new era, to reach a new height in our relationship with God and to advance the Kingdom.
1. Thank God for Queen Elizabeth
- Thank God for her life of service – it is truly remarkable that the Queen served the country and the commonwealth for 70 years, let by her faith in Jesus Christ which she boldly proclaimed. In spite of being the Queen, she saw herself as a servant. Shawn Bolz shared a really cool story about the Queen once leading someone to Jesus following a bereavement.
- Ask the Holy Spirit, “What can I learn from the life of the Queen that I can take forward into this new era?”
Personally as someone who prays and prophesies into politics, the realm of politics is muddy water. Sometimes the line between “speaking into political issues” and “being political” can be blurry. We want to influence the world of politics, but we don’t want to carry a political, partisan spirit. The Queen has taught me that we don’t need to express our political views all the time to make an impact! As a Monarch who was the Head of State she was not allowed to express her views publicly or be political. But she carried authority from God – her coronation was with the crown, the staff and the anointing oil. The crown and the staff were put back to the high altar at her funeral signifying that her authority came from God and went back to God. That authority was expressed in servanthood, non-partisanship and loving Jesus with all of her heart. I truly believe that her righteous reign despite our nation’s moral decline held back a lot of the judgment from the Lord we would otherwise see. How much more can believers collectively do as a royal priesthood, seated with Christ in heavenly places who, unlike the Queen, can express our views on issues that matter, when we serve in non-partisan ways and exercise our governmental authority through prayer?
This is what the Holy Spirit had for me to learn and take forward. He might have something else for you. Ask the Holy Spirit what He is teaching you through the Queen, and share in the comments below!
2. Pray for the new king, King Charles III
- Pray for his salvation. When Buckingham palace announced that the Queen had passed, I was praying on a rail trail which led to the town where Balmoral is situated in. (The Queen used to travel on this railway line when it was active. I’ve stood on this rail trail and prayed for the nation many times.) As I began to think about the phrase God Save the King, I was hit by the Holy Spirit with deep groaning and travail, both for King Charles’s salvation and the birthing (or rebirthing) of a nation.
When we used to say “God save the Queen,” it was more like a blessing. But “God Save the King” was a deep prayer of travail that God would save his soul, and that there is a connection between the salvation of the King and the rebirth of this nation. I know there has been a lot of concerns about Charles becoming King. There is even a prophecy that said Charles would not be coronated which the Lord has not personally confirmed to me. But I kept feeling that the Lord wants to extend His mercy “for the sake of the covenant” if we would pray. (We know there was a double rainbow over Buckingham Palace and over Windsor castle at the same time when HM’s death was announced.) Over the next few days I heard the Lord say, “Have you considered the prayers of a praying mother?” Knowing the Queen dedicated this country to God, I sense that she made some kind of covenant with God and prayed for her family to be saved. Though I believe shaking is definitely coming to the Royal Family, God’s heart in the midst of shaking is so that He can save those who turn to Him. Instead of looking only at the surface of who is worthy to be king, we need to look deeper and say “Who will humble him/herself and turn to the Lord and be saved?” The salvation of the king is connected to the rebirthing of this nation.
3. Pray for the New Government
- Two days before she passed, Queen Elizabeth appointed Liz Truss as Prime Minister. During the appointment, I took a rod to the rail trail leading to Balmoral and prayed that the King of Kings would grand her wisdom. I prayed according to a word given by Veronika West, whom I co-laboured with through the election process:
WATCH!…FOR WHEN MY ELIZABETH APPOINTS MY ELIZABETH IT SHALL BE AS A PROPHETIC SIGN THAT I AM BRINGING THIS NATION FULL CIRCLE,…YES!…FOR WHAT I BEGAN IN THIS NATION SHALL BE BROUGHT TO COMPLETION AND PERFECTION,…WATCH AND PAY CLOSE ATTENTION!…PRAY AS A DIVINE SHIFT BEGINS TO TAKE PLACE,..FOR NOW IS THE TIME OF BIRTHING,..AS NEW KINGDOM ERA BEGINS,..I SAY AGAIN,..WATCH!..AS THIS NATION COMES FULL CIRCLE,..FOR THIS PRODIGAL NATION SHALL TURN AND RETURN TO ITS COVENANT FOUNDATIONS,..FOR I AM A COVENANT KEEPING GOD” (5 Sept. 2022, read full word here)
- Here is what I declared and will continue to declare:
- Righteousness and wisdom over the new government.
- That Britain shall return to her covenant with God as one Elizabeth appoints another.
- Scotland and England shall remain one – I believe the covenant between Scotland and England is an integral part of Britain’s covenant with God.
- Britain shall stand with Israel.
- Liz Truss has now met with the PM of Israel and talked about moving the British embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. This is a righteous move. Pray that God will give her strength to carry it through, and pray Isaiah 22:22 over her on this.
4. Pray for Alignment in the New Era
- God is doing a new thing in the new era. We want to align with Him both individually and corporately as the Church, and that any hinderance from the enemy in these areas be removed. Specifically,
- Alignment with His Heart
- Alignment with His Spirit
- Alignment with the Glory
- Alignment with His Will and Kingdom purpose
- Alignment with the right people and disconnection from the wrong people.